November 6, 2010

Welcome Paranormal Suspense Author Pauline Holyoak

I grew in Southeast England, in a coal mining village my husband calls, “The place that time forgot.” It is nested between the notorious city of Canterbury and the medieval town of Dover.
Every summer, when I was a child, we would visit my aunt and uncle at their quaint little cottage on Salisbury Plain. It was called Scotland Lodge and was situated not far from the historical Stonehenge. My uncle worked as a farm hand for the local squire. My aunt tended the manor house. It was there as I roamed free, deep within the English countryside, that I experienced joy, enchantment and some very strange and frightening occurrences. It was like a fairytale kingdom with a sinister twist. I came to Canada as a nanny, when I was 21. This vast and majestic country has served me well, but England will always be home. I live in Alberta with my sports crazy husband, adorable Sheltie dog and cantankerous ginger cat. We have two grown children. They are the gems in my treasure chest. I love this part of the country, except for the winters. It can be a chilly minus -30 for days on end. Burr…..
The memories of my summers at Scotland Lodge have stayed with me as a sort of nagging unsolved mystery all my life. A few years ago I revisited my childhood wonderland (the old place still emanates a strange and eerie essence) and was lead by some mysterious force into concocting this story and writing this book. It is from my mystifying experiences at Scotland Lodge that this book has emerged.
My life has been a fascinating journey so far but nothing compares to my mystifying summer holidays at Scotland Lodge.
Merryweather Lodge-Ancient Revenge:
When Emily Fletcher meets the gorgeous Jonathan McArthur she is infatuated and consumed with passion. Will he go with her to the dreaded wood-lot, to remove the bloody ancient curse, before it’s too late? In the first half of my story Emily is fourteen years old. In the second half she is forced to return to the cottage, at the age of twenty. My novel contains elements of horror, humor, fantasy, romance and sex. I have created a world into which my readers can escape and an atmosphere that will evoke their imagination, stir their emotions and engage their senses.
Read an excerpt to my novel, Merryweather Lodge-Ancient Revenge -a quaint little cottage, steeped in history, shrouded in secrets, its aura a paradoxical essence of heaven and hell at http://www.whiskeycreekpress.com/
Here’s an idea: This novel makes perfect Christmas gifts for readers loving a sense of adventure.
I am now working on the second book of my Merryweather Lodge trilogy… Merryweather Lodge – The Malevolent Spirit.
Thank you for letting me share this. Please come visit me at my website http://www.paulineholyoak.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow 50 Authors from 50 States blog for the latest