October 13, 2019

Do You Love Books? Experience Black Hills Books & Treasures


Here’s a real bookstore with real books, lots of places to sit, Wyatt-the cat-to visit and plenty of nooks and crannies to enjoy.  Like History? We’ve got it:  local and regional history along with natural history, American and world history.  How about classics, literature and poets?  Yes!  Check out the childrens’ books in the little nook.  And all the books in between.  Want handcrafted in America?  Our local artisans include:  Sam Two Bulls, White Crow Creations, June Palmer-water color, Evans Flammond, Mike and Linda Doman, Marinka Ziolkowski (of Crazy Horse fame)…all our jewelry is handcrafted.  We also carry souvenirs, Lean’Tree cards, and gifts galore.  Celebrating 18 years (and counting) in business in Hot Springs…check us out when you come to town!


Personal note:  Their website has a tab on collectables with a listing of rare and first edition books –looks like awesome finds. Also, the artists have a few items for sale online.  I wish that section would be expanded by the way.  I have a small collection of paintings and prints I’ve acquired over the years and when I find a piece I like, I purchase.  Not saying I have a fine collection of expensive pieces but what I have appeals to me.  Anyway, I found an artist on the Artist tab I think a good friend of mine who grew up in South Dakota will enjoy and it looks like I might have found her next birthday gift.  I’m going to email and find out what else is available.  Visit and see what treasures you might find from South Dakota!


We’re located at:
112 South Chicago Street
PO Box 389
Hot Springs, SD  57747
605-745-5545
(all info-except personal note-downloaded from site)

1 comment:

  1. I hope to visit SD one day and get to this wonderful-sounding bookstore.

    ReplyDelete

Follow 50 Authors from 50 States blog for the latest