January 20, 2019

The Writers Colony-Eureka Springs, Arkansas


If you’ve ever been to Eureka Springs, Arkansas, you’ll see gazillions of inspirations.
I’ve never been but I did write a book titled with the same name based on a fictional place in Florida.  When I thought of that title, I meant to symbolize awakening for the main character and I didn’t even know there was a Eureka Springs, Arkansas until someone posted a review somewhere about the disappointment of not enough Eureka Springs character in the book.  After that, I investigated and found, YEP, Eureka Springs definitely is a place I want to visit sometime. So, here’s a shout to a place that looks amazing and welcoming. And a BIG thanks to that person who read my novel, Eureka Springs, which pushed me in the direction to investigate this beautiful place in Arkansas.  


The website for The Writers Colony says: https://www.writerscolony.org  

The Writers’ Colony at Dairy Hollow is located in the historic arts village of Eureka Springs, Arkansas, in the Northwest corner of the Ozark Mountains. Our town is tiny – population 2,079 – but we are host to thousands of tourists who come for a slice of our unusual lifestyle. We are distinctly different from anywhere else in the world.

Let the sunlight tickle your eyelashes open to greet a new day and a new blank page. The hills and trees outside are awake and awash in morning sunshine, the birds scattering their song. Or maybe, if it’s winter, you’ll gaze in wonder at the long, thick icicles that hang from the bluffs in the holler. We are, after all, the town that water built.

Every writer has his or her dance with the page and pen. At the Writers’ Colony at Dairy Hollow, our whole reason for being is to support your efforts to write write write. Maybe your day will be inspired by a nature walk through ancient forests and bluffs, or the exploration of a nearby garden grotto and the satisfying way “ohm” echoes against the cave walls. Or maybe you prefer the short walk to civilization for a piping hot espresso and conversation with friendly locals at a neighborhood haunt.

Whatever inspires you to write, you’ll find it here. Your cozy writing nook beckons. It’s the write time. It’s the write place.

Contact the director for current opportunities and events.  Use the contact tab at the top of the website.

So-on the website, find the eMerge magazine.  It’s their literary e-mag.  Authors involved in The Writers Colony contribute.  Comment here with one authors name from eMerge to be entered in the end of the month grand prize for January 2019.

(Thanks to The Writers Colony of Eureka Springs for letting me download all info from their site https://www.writerscolony.org/)

5 comments:

  1. Maxine Schur. Eureka Springs sounds extraordinary, ideal and very special. saubleb(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful environment for creativity. Sharon Spurlin. elliotbencan(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed my trip to Mountain View, AR several years ago, and would love to explore more of this state:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This little town sounds like my kind of place. I could easily spend a writing retreat there. I grew up in a small town of about 1485 people when I lived there. It's grown greatly since then but every time I visit, I come away with so much writing energy! Just ready about your town instills that same feeling in me, and seeing only those two pictures tells me I would love it there. As yet, I have no character to name but some lucky person will be chosen. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eureka Springs, that lovely, folksy, artsy town built on the side of a hill deep in the Ozark Mountains, reminds me of a small Italian or Swiss village one might visit. It retains its traditions while welcoming visitors.
    I'd love to spend time at the Writers' Colony in Eureka Springs. The town was the inspiration for one of the settings in my mystery, Furtive Investigation. The surroundings, indeed, inspire the imagination.

    ReplyDelete

Follow 50 Authors from 50 States blog for the latest