August 12, 2018

North Dakota Library System


For North Dakota, I usually have a hard time filling that state.  Not sure why because I know there’s writers and readers up there.  My great grandmother’s family was in North Dakota at some point.  I know this because I own a couple things from there, a book and a plate, and her name and the city where she lived at the time are written on those. 

Still, I have a hard time filling North Dakota so here’s a call out for next year to anyone wishing to occupy this spot.


Lack of a volunteer that knows something more about the state than I do gives me the opportunity to promote another library system and, as luck would have it, North Dakota Library System has an event coming up that benefits those who would normally be on the cusp of the digital age and might need a little help getting the hang of electronic systems.  




Summer Summit Workshop
Top of Form
Bottom of Form
2018’s Summer Summit meeting offers a delightful blend of high-quality programming and lively discussions with your peers. All are welcome, but do note that the first hour will be relevant only to public library administrators. We are happy to announce that we’re partnering with AARP for an afternoon workshop on providing technology training to older adults.

Link to the Library’s homepage here: http://www.library.nd.gov/index.html
They’ve got loads of information and services plus, as I’ve been promoting occasionally this year, a virtual check-out option. 

With the changes caused by electronic communications and shopping and, well, everything,  I’m glad most libraries are getting into the virtual world but also, its great to hear classes and event are still being coordinated in the physical buildings. No matter how much people move the electronic direction, they will always need that face to face.
(All info downloaded from http://www.library.nd.gov/index.html)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow 50 Authors from 50 States blog for the latest