July 22, 2012

New Hampshire Writers Project-Found in a Tour of the Web

I’m not one for joining but when it comes to my writing, I find cooperation leads to better work and contacts I wouldn’t normally find on my own.  I’m a member of GROW Nebraska,  www.growne.com  a statewide producers cooperative and through that, my business has increased.  I’m also a member of The Nebraska Writers Guild, a group I’d been meaning to join for years but only did recently.  I also participate in an online critique group—that’s three organizations and my friends often worry if I might have a split personality because I generally can’t commit to walking across the street in one direction.   As I writer, I’ve discovered  joining a few writing organizations offers benefits important for connecting in a normally solitary occupation.  Because of the advantages I’ve gleaned from joining these few groups, when I found New Hampshire Writers Project online, I wanted to bring that upfront so New Hampshire and surrounding area writers were more aware of  organizations available.
The New Hampshire Writers’ Project, a statewide membership-based nonprofit literary arts organization, serves as a resource for writers, publishers, booksellers, literary agents, educators, librarians, and readers in and near New Hampshire. We support the development of individual writers and encourage an audience for literature in New Hampshire.
 Founded in 1988, the New Hampshire Writers' Project brings together writers, readers, editors, agents, and publishers of all genres. More than 700 people have found a community in NHWP. Join them today—their membership is nominal and the benefits of joining a cooperative writers group are extensive.  You can find more information by linking to their website.
We host events for writers and readers: 
·         Writers' Day, the largest writing conference in New Hampshire.
·         Writers' Night Out, a monthly gathering of writers in various regions through out the state.
·         Literary Flash: Three Minutes to Fame contests.
·         The binennial New Hampshire Literary Awards.
·         Book Clubs for Writers and Poets, held quarterly in various regions through out the state.
·         Author and Poet School, a day-long conference to help writers and poets market their work.
·         Summer and Winter socials.
·         Workshops on a variety of topics, ranging from craft to promotion.
·         Concord Book Festival held in October.
·         NH Writers' Trail.
We provide services to writers and readers:
·         The frequently updated Literary Calendar keeps you up to date about happenings across the state.
·         NH Writer, the quarterly newsletter (a membership benefit) brings you the latest writing news from the Granite State. 
http://www.writersday.org
Links to GROW and Nebraska Writers Guild are in the sidebar.  
(Pictures Provided from Site) 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like an amazing project. I hope it continues.
    debby236 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting post, Annette. I'll be visiting New Hampshire in October to combine vacation with book research. I'll have look up the dates for the Book Festival and stop by there.

    ReplyDelete

Follow 50 Authors from 50 States blog for the latest