October 7, 2012

Cher Green Brings South Carolina Home

Born and raised in Tennessee, I feel I’ve finally found my home here in South Carolina. As each day passes, my heart falls deeper in love with this wonderful place. My spirit soars to live in such a beautiful area. From historical sites to beaches, we have a little of everything here, including ghosts.


Scenic view through Spanish moss covered trees in a wetland area of coastal South Carolina by Gentry George, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service

In honor of October and Halloween, I’d like to share two tales of hauntings in South Carolina.

The Holley House, built in 1898, remains open today in Aiken, SC. According to guests and employees, the second floor houses many unusual happenings. From unexplained noises to moving shadows, the Inn remains home to more than its guests. It seems Room 225 is especially active with paranormal activity. “If ever in Aiken, why not stay in 225? Not afraid of ghosts are you?”

Graniteville Cemetery, founded around 1850, is known to have two occupants of the spiritual nature. A witch lady delivers flowers to kids’ graves. Some say what brings the lady is ‘the little boy’. Laid to rest in October 1855, the boy left this world without leaving behind his name. Said to have arrived by train alone, the boy, ill on arrival, passed shortly later. Some claim to have seen both ghosts wandering the cemetery grounds. It is also said if you walk through the back of the cemetery, you will walk over unmarked graves. The residents of these plots don’t take kindly to such, and grab your feet. Puts a new spin on, “Watch where you step.”

Last year, I graduated from aspiring writer to published writer. I give credit to the positive energies surrounding me and the higher power for bringing me to my new home.

Escape to Love

Constance Spenser is no ordinary woman, and neither are her problems. Unhappy in her life, she seeks knowledge of the spiritual side of life, but what she finds is another world, a world where she has no place. She must gain the council’s trust and discover a way home, but in her attempt she finds herself falling for the enemy. Can she survive long enough to discover her destiny?

Lawrence Wilder, a member of an evil council, wants to break free, but one doesn’t walk away from the council alive. When a witch falls from the sky, hope returns to his life, and to his surprise love. In his world, together they cannot survive. Can he save them both, or will one have to be sacrificed for the other to live?

E-book available at eTreasures Publishing.


Seduced by Darkness

Geneva Chilton, warned against human contact, betrays her family in order to be close to the world she longs to join. Intrigued by an artist’s work and his ability to capture life on canvas, Geneva steps too close to the boundaries and discovers love, but what price will she have to pay?

Lewis Hunt, intrigued by Geneva’s beauty and determined to capture it on canvas, discovers he needs more. Lewis needs the real woman behind the beauty. His course leads him to her, but also to danger. How hard is he willing to fight for a woman of darkness, a vampire?

E-book available at eTreasures Publishing.

Cher Green
Author of Dark, Paranormal, Suspense, and Romance
~You never know where the words may lead~

9 comments:

  1. Cher and Annette I enjoyed the post. As a North Carolina native, I often travel to South Carolina to read, write or edit. I love the Hilton Head area. I will check out your darkness. Best wishes!

    Susan Whitfield, author
    The Logan Hunter Mysteries
    Killer Recipes cookbook
    Slightly Cracked (late October release)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lived in Bluffton for 17 months. The low country was beautiful. My house was haunted, having been built over a Civil War battlefield. Had to get out before it drove me crazy. Very strange things happened. Of course, given the history of Bluffton during that time, I'm really not surprised. Good luck with your books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annette, Thanks so much for having me.

    Susan and Fran, Thank you for stopping by and sharing your Carolina experience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! Visiting by way of Cher Green's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great post! We are looking for somewhere to move upon retirement. I may consider SC.
    debby236 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another great place to visit (or live). Thanks for telling us about your state and good luck with your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You live in such a beautiful place, Cher. No wonder you're bubbling over with creativity. I'd love to visit SC. Our youngest has been there several times with the Canadian Army, and his photographs are stunning.

    It's Thanksgiving Day here in our country, and I'd just like to extend my best wishes to you, Cher. Happy writing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Susanne, Thanks for stopping by.

    Debby, It is a great place for retirement.

    jrlindermuth, lots to see here. I still haven't been able to go as many places as I'd like to. Always working.

    Joylene, SC is a wonderful place. Hope you had a happy Thanksgiving Day.

    Best wishes to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fine ωаy of еxplaining, аnd fastіdiοus ρaragraph tо get informatiоn on
    the tοpic οf my presentation topic, which i am going to present in academy.
    Also see my site: Notlong.Com

    ReplyDelete

Follow 50 Authors from 50 States blog for the latest