October 12, 2014

Flashback to 2012 with Sui Lynn

Sui Lynn from the great state of South Dakota writes:  Where we don't carve statues from mountain rocks but we carve mountains into monuments. I live in Rapid City, about 30 miles north of Mount Rushmore, on the edge of the Black Hills National Forest. Most of the year, I love it here, but the weather can be a bit unpredictable at times.
For the most part, South Dakota is a rural state, our main industries are farming and ranching. We also get a portion of our revenue from tourism of the Black Hills, Mount Rushmore, the Badlands and much more. If you want to see what we have to offer, I'd recommend visiting the South Dakota Tourism website. On a personal note, I'd recommend coming in the fall of the year, after Labor Day. The weather is more stable, most of the tourists have gone home and the Black Hills National Forest becomes a kaleidoscope of fall colors as the trees begin to change.
Being a South Dakota Native, many of my books are centered around the area or places I've visited, not because I write what I know, but because I truly love it here and believe that feeling comes through in my work. Wrapped in one state are pine forests, grasslands, canyons and open skies. What more beautiful backdrops could I chose to write. 
I write M/M Romance. Something about two strong men growing emotionally and overcoming obstacles calls to me as a writer. I can't get enough of it, both in my reading choices and my writing. I don't set ever story in South Dakota, but most of my work either has the characters based here or starting out from here and branching out. Kind of like I did in my own life, only to return to the place I call home.
 
The Changing Moon series, The Pauper Prince and A Royal Bind, both take place in the Black Hills. This series is a gay paranormal romance between two shapeshifters, add in some born vampires, some drone vampires, a police chase, a few misunderstandings, attempted murder and you've got a couple of busy stories. If you are interested in more, check out my blog, 2 Cents, for the blurbs and excerpts from the stories, or go to Silver Publishing for purchase.
My other works span the mix from M/M Contemporary romance, Dark Chocolate and Raspberries, to M/M Yaoi Romance, Blue Rose with Dreamspinner Press. These two stories were the first and gave me the courage to expand into my true writing love, paranormal and Fantasy.
My M/M Fantasy Romance, the Elements of Love series comprised of Adel's Purr and Nico's Fire was soon to follow and I couldn't be more proud of my work.
 
Feel free to check them out and let me know what you think. I love hearing from the people who read my work.
Wishing you Love and Butterflies,
Sui Lynn~~
Twitter:http://twitter.com/#!/suidlynn
(Pictures provided by author)

2 comments:

  1. Sui,

    Your love for South Dakota is obvious; thanks for the quick tour! My brother-in-law tried to see Mt. Rushmore during a drive from Chicago to San Francisco and got there the day the national parks all closed during the government shutdown! I'd love to visit someday--you write about the beauty of the state very compellingly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We honeymooned in the Black Hills way back when. Then returned with our 4 kids years later and had our pictures taken again at the same old-timey photo place in Keystone, to put up next to the one celebrating our marriage. And now that one of our sons is working on his masters in geology, he's itching to get back out there for some more excellent camping.

    ReplyDelete

Follow 50 Authors from 50 States blog for the latest